Good morning, everybody!
Just a quick note about upcoming events:
1. I will be back out at the West Regional Courthouse (Broward & Pine Island) on Monday, April 17th, from 10 AM to 2 PM, to register voters and collect rights restoration petitions. Please let me know if you can help out.
2. John Ziegler’s team will be back at the West Regional Library in Plantation on Saturday, April 22nd, from 10 AM to 6 PM to register voters and collect rights restoration petitions. If you’d like to help at the Library in one of the 2-hour shifts, please contact John at 954-232-3918 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Also on Saturday, April 22nd, starting at 5 PM, at Esplanade Park, 400 SW 2nd Street in Fort Lauderdale, there will be a March for Science, co-sponsored by Rise Up!, Indivisible South Florida, and the Women’s March of Florida, to celebrate and support science and the scientific community. https://www.facebook.com/events/396716634019007/
4. On Tuesday, April 25th, at 7 PM, the Plantation Democratic Club will have its next meeting at the Deicke Auditorium, 5701 Cypress Road in Plantation. (The meeting night had to be changed due to unavailability of space at the Deicke.) Our speaker will be immigration law attorney Denise Mendez.
5. On Monday, May 1st, Broward County MOMS Demand Action for Gun Sense in America (http://momsdemandaction.org) and the Broward County League of Women Voters Gun Safety Committee (http://www.lwvbcfl.org) present a discussion on gun safety, with Author Tom Gabor, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel, and Dr. Jorge Luis Sotelo. This event starts a 7 PM at the River of Grass Unitarian Universalist Congregation at 11850 W. State Road 84, Suite 3, in Davie.
6. And finally, from 5:30 to 7:30 PM on Saturday, May 6th, in the Banquet Room of Volunteer Park, 12050 West Sunrise Blvd. in Plantation, Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz will be joining us at the Plantation Democratic Party’s cocktail party to honor former State Senator Nan Rich with the Bill Kling Community Service Award. There will be a delicious menu (see below or attached) and an open bar. Tickets purchased in advance are $50 and can be paid with PayPal by using the Payments button at www.plantationdems.org. Buy your tickets or ads today!
One last encouraging bit of news (Thanks, Mark Henderson, for sharing this.). If you have not seen this yet, take a look. The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has shattered all fundraising records in the first 3 months of the year!