Another great day at the West Regional Courthouse this past Monday, when we collected 91 rights restoration petitions. I was joined by a brand new bilingual volunteer named Paolo Ayrolla. Paolo was filled with energy and had just the right touch with people.
We won’t be back out at the West Regional Courthouse until Monday, May 1st, but there are all sorts of other events to participate in:
1. On Friday, April 21st, at 2:30 PM, there will be a Town Hall Meeting with Congressman Ted Deutch hosted by the Service Employees International Union and Planned Parenthood at the Pride Center at Equality Park, 2040 N. Dixie Highway, in Wilton Manors.
2. John Ziegler’s team will be back at the West Regional Library in Plantation on Saturday, April 22nd, from 10 AM to 6 PM to register voters and collect rights restoration petitions. If you’d like to help at the Library in one of the 2-hour shifts, please contact John at 954-232-3918 or email@example.com.
3. Also on Saturday, April 22nd, from 11 AM to 5 PM, at Esplanade Park, 400 SW 2nd Street in Fort Lauderdale, there will be a family-oriented Earth Day event and speakers on how to heal the planet. And then at 5 PM, at the same location, there will be a March for Science, co-sponsored by Rise Up!, Indivisible South Florida, and the Women’s March of Florida, to celebrate and support science and the scientific community. https://www.facebook.com/events/396716634019007/
4. On Tuesday, April 25th, at 7 PM, the Plantation Democratic Club will have its next meeting at the Deicke Auditorium, 5701 Cypress Road in Plantation. (The meeting night had to be changed due to unavailability of space at the Deicke.) Our speaker will be immigration law attorney Denise Mendez.
5. On Saturday, April 29th, from 1 to 4 PM at Jose Marti Park, 351 SW 4th St. in Miami, join the Miami Climate Alliance, the Women’s March, New Florida Majority, SEIU, Union of Concerned Scientists, front-line community groups, and hundreds of thousands of others as we march together all around the country for strong and swift action to prevent the worst impacts of climate change.
6. On Monday, May 1st, from 10 AM to 2 PM, we will be back out at the West Regional Courthouse to register voters and collect rights restoration petitions. Can you join us?
7. Also on Monday, May 1st, Broward County MOMS Demand Action for Gun Sense in America (http://momsdemandaction.org) and the Broward County League of Women Voters Gun Safety Committee (http://www.lwvbcfl.org) present a discussion on gun safety, with Author Tom Gabor, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel, and Dr. Jorge Luis Sotelo. This event starts a 7 PM at the River of Grass Unitarian Universalist Congregation at 11850 W. State Road 84, Suite 3, in Davie.
8. And finally, from 5:30 to 7:30 PM on Saturday, May 6th, in the Banquet Room of Volunteer Park, 12050 West Sunrise Blvd. in Plantation, Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz will be joining us at the Plantation Democratic Party’s cocktail party to honor former State Senator Nan Rich with the Bill Kling Community Service Award. There will be a delicious menu (see below or attached) and an open bar. Tickets purchased in advance are $50 and can be paid with PayPal by using the Payments button at www.plantationdems.org. Buy your tickets or ads today!