Good afternoon, everybody!
The resistance continues! Here’s what’s happening during the next couple of weeks:
1. John Ziegler’s team will be back at the West Regional Library in Plantation on Saturday, April 29nth from 10 AM to 6 PM to register voters and collect rights restoration petitions. If you’d like to help at the Library in one of the 2-hour shifts, please contact John at 954-232-3918 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Also on Saturday, April 29th, from 2 to 6 PM at George English Park, 1101 Bayview Drive in Fort Lauderdale, join the People’s Climate March sponsored by the Women’s March, the Sierra Club, Progress for All, the People’s Climate Movement, front-line community groups, and hundreds of others as we march together all around the country for strong and swift action to prevent the worst impacts of climate change. Ted Deutsch and Time Canova will be in attendance.
3. The next meeting of Indivisible South Florida will be on Sunday, April 30th from 3 to 5 PM, at The Sunshine Cathedral, 1480 SW 9 Avenue in Fort Lauderdale. Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz will be speaking, as will Terry Preuss, Vice President of the Broward Teacher’s Union.
4. On Monday, May 1st, from 10 AM to 2 PM, we will be back out at the West Regional Courthouse to register voters and collect rights restoration petitions. Can you join us?
If you’d like to help out, please contact Ron McCoy at email@example.com or 954-790-3106.
5. Also on Monday, May 1st, from 5 to 7:30 PM, there will be a rally and march in support of immigrant and worker’s rights at Bubier Park, 32 E. Las Olas Blvd. in downtown Fort Lauderdale, sponsored by the Broward Teacher’s Union and the Immigrant Coalition. This is a multicultural event with speakers, entertainment, and food.
6. And also on Monday, May 1st, Broward County MOMS Demand Action for Gun Sense in America (http://momsdemandaction.org) and the Broward County League of Women Voters Gun Safety Committee (http://www.lwvbcfl.org) present a discussion on gun safety, with Author Tom Gabor, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel, and Dr. Jorge Luis Sotelo. This event starts a 7 PM at the River of Grass Unitarian Universalist Congregation at 11850 W. State Road 84, Suite 3, in Davie.
7. And finally, from 5:30 to 7:30 PM on Saturday, May 6th, in the Banquet Room of Volunteer Park, 12050 West Sunrise Blvd. in Plantation, three of the most admired women in South Florida, Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Chair of the Broward Democratic Party Cynthia Busch, and former State Senator Nan Rich will be joining us at the Plantation Democratic Party’s cocktail party. We will be honoring Nan Rich with the Bill Kling Community Service Award, and former Broward Clerk of the Courts Howard Forman with a Lifetime Achievement Award. There will be a delicious menu (see below) and an open bar. Tickets purchased in advance are $50 and can be paid with PayPal by using the Payments button at www.plantationdems.org Buy your tickets or ads today!