Good evening, folks!
I’m not sure where you were today (Monday) when the skies opened up, but at the West Regional Courthouse we got completely soaked. And yet, we still managed to register 4 voters and collect 85 rights restoration petitions! Many thanks to Ron McCoy, Jane Schwartz, Paulo Ayrolla, Katy Syed, and Lonnie Supnick for coming out and working in the rain!
Over the past few days with visits to the Davie Democratic Club, the South Florida Women Rise Up Meeting, the March for Truth on Saturday, and the Alcee Hastings/John Lewis event in West Palm Beach, we collected another 104 petitions. And on Saturday, Lonnie Supnick and his volunteers were able to collect another 86 petitions. When you include today’s total, that makes 275 in just 5 days!
But we can’t let up. If we are going to get the Rights Restoration Amendment on the 2018 Ballot, we’ve got to continue collecting at full blast! Here’s what’s coming up:
1. On Wednesday, we will be back at the Courthouse from 10 AM to 2 PM. Please let me know if you can help on that day.
2. On Saturday, June 10th, John Ziegler’s team will be back at the West Regional Library in Plantation from 10 AM to 6 PM to register voters and collect rights restoration petitions. If you’d like to help at the Library in one of the 2-hour shifts, please contact John at 954-232-3918 or email@example.com.
3. On Sunday, June 11th, starting at 4 PM, Equality Florida, working with a group of community leaders and organizations, is sponsoring the Equality Rally for Unity and Pride at Huizenga Plaza, 1 East Las Olas Blvd. in downtown Fort Lauderdale.
4. We’ll be back at the West Regional Courthouse on Monday, June 12th from 10 AM to 2 PM. Can you come out to help?
5. Also on Monday, June 12th, starting at 6:30 PM sharp, the Broward ACLU will have a Petition Gathering Training at the Skolnick Center, 800 SW 36 Avenue in Pompano Beach. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. On Tuesday, June 13th, at 7 PM, the Plantation Democratic Club will have its next meeting at the Deicke Auditorium.
7. On Wednesday, June 14th, we’ll be back at the West Regional Courthouse from 10 AM to 2 PM. Can you come out to help?
8. And on Thursday, June 15th, starting at 6:30 PM, the Broward County Progressive Caucus will be hosting The People Summit General Meeting at the Broward AFL-CIO Office, 1700 NW 66th Avenue in Plantation. RSVP at https://www.facebook.com/browardprogressives/