Good afternoon, everybody!
The new semester at Broward College begins on Monday, August 21st. We will be registering the new class of students and collecting rights restoration petitions from Monday through Thursday the 24th, every day from 10 AM to 2 PM. We need volunteers for both the Davie and Coconut Creek campuses. Please save those dates and let me know when you can come out and help.
It has been a great week! Our new location, the South Regional Courthouse in Hollywood, is terrific. There is an overhang that keeps the sun and rain off, and they even let us leave our table, chairs, and signs there! On Monday we registered 2 voters and collected 76 rights restoration petitions. And yesterday, we registered another 6 voters and collected another 78 petitions. And on Tuesday, at the Wynmoor Democratic Club Meeting in Coconut Creek, we were able to collect another 37 petitions. That makes 191 in just 3 days! Many thanks to Ron McCoy, Janet Thompson, Mark Eckert, and Beth Mumby for coming out to help.
Here are some of the other events during the next few weeks:
1. On Saturday, August 5th, John Ziegler’s team will be back at the West Regional Library in Plantation from 10 AM to 6 PM to register voters and collect rights restoration petitions. If you’d like to help at the Library in one of the 2-hour shifts, please contact John at 954-232-3918 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. On Monday and Wednesday, August 7th and 9th, we will be setting up again at the South Regional Courthouse, 3550 Hollywood Blvd., just west of I-95, in Hollywood. We will have all the forms we need, a table and chairs, and an overhang to protect us from the sun. We will start at 10 AM and work until 2 PM. If you’d like to just fill a 2-hour shift, just let me know the times.
3. On Monday and Wednesday, August 14th and 16th, we will be back at the South Regional Courthouse from 10 AM to 2 PM. Please let me know when you can join us.
4. On Saturday, August 19th, starting at 12:30 PM, Indivisible Broward will be meeting at the Pride Center, 2040 Old Dixie Highway in Wilton Manors. State Senator Gary Farmer will be the featured speaker. Learn how to actively resist the negative onslaught of the Trump Administration.
5. And starting on Monday, August 21st through Thursday, August 24th, we will be back at the Davie and Coconut Creek campuses of Broward College from 10 AM to 2 PM. Please let me know on which days and on which campuses you would like to help.
And don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.