Good evening, friends! Please forward this to anyone who you think might be interested in volunteering.
The Rights Restoration Campaign is now in the final few weeks of petition collection. THE FINAL DAY TO TURN OVER ALL COMPLETED PETITIONS IS DECEMBER 15TH! The Voting Restoration Amendment would allow Floridians who have paid their debt to society by completing all terms of their sentence, including probation and parole, to earn back their right to vote. As grassroots volunteers, we must make sure that we collect enough petitions, (valid, certified petitions) to get the Amendment on the 2018 Ballot. If you have completed petitions, call or email me during the next week so that I can get them from you.
Yesterday at the South Regional Courthouse in Hollywood, Judy Ford, Tracy McNeil, Lauren Tate, and Janet Thompson helped register 4 voters and collect 67 rights restoration petitions! Here’s how you can help during the next week or so, including Saturday’s Day of Action. I have a new supply of free t-shirts for everyone who comes out to help collect petitions!
1. Tomorrow, Wednesday the 29th I will be back at the South Regional Courthouse 3550 Hollywood Blvd., just west of I-95, in Hollywood from 10 AM to 2 PM. Please let me know if you can come out to volunteer for a couple of hours.
2. On Thursday, November 30th, starting at 5 PM, the Restoration Campaign will be collecting petitions at the Lady Gaga Concert at the American Airlines Arena in Miami. I you are interested in collecting petitions at that event, RSVP at https://secondchancesfl.nationbuilder.com/second_chances_events?utm_campaign=rsvpdayofaction&utm_campaign=rsvp_1130_122&utm_medium=email&utm_medium=email&utm_source=secondchancesfl&utm_source=secondchancesfl
3. Saturday, December 2nd will be a Day of Action for petition collection! You can choose from three different events on that day:
I will be at the Woodstock Arts Festival at the Sunrise Athletic Facility, 11501 NW 44 Street in Sunrise, starting at 10 AM to collect rights restoration petitions. The Festival is supposed to last until 5 PM, so please let me know the hours you would like to come and help.
Also on Saturday, the Campaign will be collecting petitions at the Yellow Green Farmers Market in Hollywood and at the Riptide Music Festival on the Fort Lauderdale Beach. For further information and to RSVP please follow this link: https://secondchancesfl.nationbuilder.com/second_chances_events?utm_campaign=rsvpdayofaction&utm_campaign=rsvp_1130_122&utm_medium=email&utm_medium=email&utm_source=secondchancesfl&utm_source=secondchancesfl
4. On Sunday, December 3rd, the Sunday Jazz Brunch is scheduled from 11 AM to 2 PM along Riverwalk off Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale. Sounds like a fun event! Please let me know if you would like to join me in collecting petitions.
5. And on Monday and Wednesday, December 4th and 6th, we will be back at the South Regional Courthouse 3550 Hollywood Blvd., just west of I-95, in Hollywood. We have all the forms needed, a table and chairs, and that overhang to protect us from the sun. We will start at 10 AM and work until 2 PM. If you’d like to just fill a 2-hour shift, just let me know the times. The weather is better. Please let me know when you can join us.
Come out to help 1.6 million Floridians get back their right to vote!