Good afternoon, everybody!
There is so much going on that I almost don’t know where to begin.
1. I will be back at the West Regional Courthouse and Library (Pine Island & Broward) tomorrow (Wednesday) from 10 AM to 2 PM, registering voters and collecting requests to vote-by-mail. How about joining me out there?
2. The Town Hall “Stand Up: The Students of Stoneman Douglas Demand Action” will air on CNN at 9 PM tomorrow night.
3. On Friday, February 23rd, there will be a special forum sponsored by various Democratic Clubs, hosting Tallahassee Mayor and Gubernatorial Candidate Andrew Gillum. The location is the Jim Ward Community Center, 301 NW 46 Avenue in Plantation, and doors will open at 5:30 PM. Refreshments will be served.
4. On Saturday, February 24th, John Ziegler’s team will be back at the West Regional Library in Plantation from 10 AM to 6 PM to register voters. He needs volunteers for 2-hour shifts. If you’d like to help with voter registration at the Library on Saturday, please contact John at 954-232-3918 or email@example.com.
5. Also on Saturday, February 24th, the Broward Democratic Party is sponsoring a Canvassing Day of Action to Get Out the Vote for Dean Trantalis. Any volunteer who has been trained as a certified canvasser can come out to help at 1 PM at Dale Holness’ All Broward Realty Office at 4325 W. Sunrise Blvd. in Plantation.
6. On Saturday, March 3rd, from 11 AM to 2 PM, there will be a Community Block Party in front of Sam’s Club at 13550 W. Sunrise Blvd. The Plantation Democratic Club will have a table and will be registering voters and collecting requests to vote by mail. Let us know if you would like to help.
7. Also on Saturday, March 3rd starting at 6 PM Saturday, March 3rd starting at 6 PM, the Broward Democratic Party is having its Obama Roosevelt Legacy Dinner at the Hyatt Pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale. The Keynote Speaker will be Joe Kennedy, III! For more information and tickets, go to: www.browarddemocrats.org/ORL2018.
8. The Annual Meeting of the Broward Chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union will be from 12 to 3 PM on Saturday,March 10th at the West Regional Library, 8601 W. Broward Blvd. in Plantation. The discussion will include the proposals that the Constitutional Revision Commission could put on November’s Ballot. This event is freed and refreshments will be served.
Finally, if you have not yet read Thomas Friedman’s Op-Ed in the New York Times, you’ve got to see it. Here’s how his opinion piece begins:
“President Trump is either totally compromised by the Russians or is a towering fool, or both, but either way he has shown himself unwilling or unable to defend America against a Russian campaign to divide and undermine our democracy.”
To see the rest, use either of these links:
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.