Another great day at the West Regional Courthouse on Wednesday. Janet Thompson and Elizabeth Mumby came out and helped to collect 14 voter registration forms and 20 vote-by-mail requests!
1. This evening, there will be a special forum sponsored by various Democratic Clubs, hosting Tallahassee Mayor and Gubernatorial Candidate Andrew Gillum. The location is the Jim Ward Community Center, 301 NW 46 Avenue in Plantation, and doors will open at 5:30 PM. Refreshments will be served.
2. On Saturday, February 24th, John Ziegler’s team will be back at the West Regional Library in Plantation from 10 AM to 6 PM to register voters. He needs volunteers for 2-hour shifts. If you’d like to help with voter registration at the Library on Saturday, please contact John at 954-232-3918 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Also on Saturday, the Broward Democratic Party is sponsoring a Canvassing Day of Action to Get Out the Vote for Dean Trantalis. Any volunteer who has been trained as a certified canvasser can come out to help at 1 PM at the All Broward Realty Office at 4325 W. Sunrise Blvd. in Plantation.
4. Also on Saturday, starting at 3 PM, that same real estate office will become the first South Florida Field Office for the Andrew Gillum for Governor Campaign, and Mayor Gillum will be there ready to meet you, answer your questions, and get you involved.
5. I will be back at the West Regional Courthouse and Library (Pine Island & Broward) on Wednesday, February 28th, from 10 AM to 2 PM, registering voters and collecting requests to vote-by-mail. Can you come out and help on that day?
6. On Saturday, March 3rd, from 11 AM to 2 PM, there will be a Community Block Party in front of Sam’s Club at 13550 W. Sunrise Blvd. The Plantation Democratic Club will have a table and will be registering voters and collecting requests to vote by mail. Let us know if you would like to help.
7. Also on Saturday, March 3rd starting at 6 PM Saturday, March 3rd starting at 6 PM, the Broward Democratic Party is having its Obama Roosevelt Legacy Dinner at the Hyatt Pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale. The Keynote Speaker will be Joe Kennedy, III! For more information and tickets, go to: www.browarddemocrats.org/ORL2018.
8. The Annual Meeting of the Broward Chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union will be from 12 to 3 PM on Saturday,March 10th at the West Regional Library, 8601 W. Broward Blvd. in Plantation. The discussion will include the proposals that the Constitutional Revision Commission could put on November’s Ballot. This event is freed and refreshments will be served.
9. On Saturday, March 24th, the kids and families of Parkland invite you to march with them on the streets of Washington, DC to demand that lives and safety become a priority and that gun violence and mass shootings in schools come to an end.