There are only 153 days left until the 2018 Mid-Term Elections! That means we only have about 120 days to register as many Democrats as we can in Broward County. Remember, the more Democrats we register, the larger the Democratic turnout will be. And the larger the Democratic turnout, the greater the chances to elect a Democratic Governor and re-elect Senator Bill Nelson. Broward can play a huge role in turning Florida blue, but only if you join in to make it happen!
It was another productive week at the West Regional Courthouse. Many thanks to Fran Savarick, Marsha Eisenberg, Lauren Tate, and Robin Adell for coming out to help! We collected 7 voter registration forms, 14 vote-by-mail requests, and 133 Universal Background Check demands.
There’s a whole lot of upcoming events to talk about:
1. On Saturday, June 9th, starting at 8:30 AM, the National Democratic Training Committee will have a Candidate and Campaign Training event at Broward College. This is an all-day event that includes breakfast, lunch, and all training materials. Sign up at www.browarddemocrats.org/
2. John Ziegler’s team will be back at the Library in Plantation on Saturday, June 9th, from 10 AM until 6 PM. He still need volunteers for the 4 to 6 PM shift. If you’d like to help with voter registration at the Library, please contact John at 954-232-3918 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. On Saturday night, starting at 6 PM, the Women’s March, Broward Chapter, will be hosting a Viewing Party of the Democratic Gubernatorial Debate at Art Serve, 1350 E. Sunrise Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/viewing-party-florida-democratic-gubernatorial-debate-tickets-46439384449
4. I will be back at the West Regional Courthouse (Pine Island & Broward) on Monday and Wednesday, June 11th and 13th, from 10 AM to 2 PM to register voters and sign people up to vote by mail. As usual, we will have our large canopy to protect us from the sun and/or rain and a table and chairs. Don’t worry if you have never done voter registration before. It is very easy and rewarding! Please let me know if you can join us.
5. Also on Monday, June 11th, starting at 5:30 PM, there will be another Gubernatorial Debate at the Miramar Cultural Center Artspark, 2400 Civic Center Pl. in Miramar.
6. On Tuesday, June 19th, gubernatorial candidate Gwen Graham will speak at the Broward Democratic Party Meeting at the Deicke Auditorium.
7. On Thursday, June 21st, there will be a Debate for Florida House District 98 starting at 7 PM at the Jim Ward Community Center, 301 NW 46 Avenue in Plantation