I. Resist & Win Community Potluck
Hosted by B
roward for Progress
II. MONDAY, JULY 30 – Registration for the Primary Election —5 Days FROM NOW –
Can You Vote for Governor Candidates in the Primary Election? IN FLORIDA 3,559,660 CAN NOT VOTE For GOVERNOR CANDIDATES 326,002 in Broward, ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?
3 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO SAVE AMERICAN DEMOCRACY
1. Spread the word – Volunteer & Talk to your neighbors and friends about the following
2. Vote by Mail – ***ADVANTAGES OF VOTING BY MAIL – VOTE BY MAIL REQUESTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY JULY 30 FOR PRIMARY & BY OCT 9 FOR GENERAL ELECTION:
1.You get to vote in the comfort of your HOME at any time.
2. You have TIME to look over the ballot & amendments.
3. It’s FREE—– No charge to have it mailed to you & just drop it in the mail – no postage – advantage is NO LINE to wait in!
4. You can check to see that your vote COUNTED – this is new!
5. And if you really want to vote during early voting or on election day Nov. 6, you can TRADE your mail ballot for an election ballot – This way you really get to look over the ballot before voting. The ballot for the general election will have many amendment questions. It will be one of the longest in Florida’s history.
6. Due to the Russian interference in our 2016 Election & their continued cyber warfare & predicted for our upcoming elections……put it on PAPER!
VOTE BY MAIL BALLOTS ARE BEING MAILED OUT THIS WEEK – YOU SHOULD GET YOURS SOON
NEXT ISSUE OF MR. T NEWS DISCUSSION OF CANDIDATES IN THE PRIMARY
3. Watch the video and urge independents to change their party
ONE WEEK LEFT TO REGISTER, CHANGE PARTY, APPLY FOR A MAIL BALLOT FOR THE PRIMARY ELECTION IN FLORIDA
YOU CAN SAVE AMERICAN DEMOCRACY
Look what happened in the last election. Thousands of independent voters could not vote in the Democratic primary between Hillary and Bernie and thousands of independent voters could not vote in the Republican primary between Trump, Bush and Rubio. If they could have voted, we would have a different President. Determine who will be the next governor of Florida. MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT –IF YOU ARE AN INDEPENDENT PARTY VOTER OR DID NOT SELECT A POLITICAL PARTY YOU CANNOT VOTE FOR POLITICAL CANDIDATES LIKE GOVERNOR IN THE PRIMARY ELECTION
III. SUNDAY, AUGUST 5 – FROM 2 TO 5 PM
It takes money to win a political election. We have a tough fight in CSPK. We need your help. Please come to our main money raising event and have a good time. We have a really great program and speakers
Coral Springs/Parkland Democratic Club
Cordially invites you to
I Will Vote Dinner Before Dark
August 5, 2018
2 – 5 PM
Marriott Coral Springs
$50 per person
PLEASE SEND YOUR CHECK TO THE PERSON BELOW
RESERVE YOUR SEAT NOW – Space is limited
to pay at the door – call 954-415-9905 in advance
Coral Springs, FL 33071
OR on PayPal: CSPKDems
IV. EVENT: “Stronger Together”
Early Vote Rally to Get-Out-The-Vote in Broward
DATE: Sunday, August 19th, 2018 (the 2nd day of Early Vote)
TIME: 2 – 4 PM (doors open at 1:30)
Special Guests and Entertainment
LOCATION: Sunrise Civic Center Theater:
10610 W Oakland Park Blvd, Sunrise, FL 33351
Special Feature: Venue is in the same building as an EARLY VOTE LOCATION so after the Rally, we will walk over to VOTE!
- West Broward Democratic Club, Barbara Effman, President
- Broward Young Democrats, Rich Dally, President (pending Confirmation)
- Coral Springs/Parkland Democratic Club, Grace Carrington, President
- Davie Cooper City Democratic Club, Karen Fortman, President
- Greater Sunrise Democratic Club, Rick Hoye, President
- Greater Ft Lauderdale Democratic Club, Percy Johnson, President
- Plantation Democratic Club, John Ziegler, President
- Tamarac Democratic Club, Hon Julie Fishman, President
V. Saturday July 28th and Sunday July 29th
This is where the rubber meets the road! If we want to have a Blue Wave, we have to get Democrats to the polls.
Now is the time to get involved. Come join your fellow Democrats as we canvass and phone bank to turn Florida Blue.
All our Democratic Gubnatorial Candidates have been invited to participate! We expect most to join us at some point during the weekend. We’ll update you all as soon as we fully confirm their attendance!
Where: BDP Headquarters, 8320 W Sunrise Blvd., Suite 203 Plantation, Florida 33322
When: Saturday July 28th, 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM and Sunday July 29th, 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Phone Bank/Canvass Shifts: 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM or 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM both days
Please remember to bring a fully charged cell phone for canvassing, laptop or tablet for phonebanking, and chargers. If you do not already have an Action ID or VAN ID please contact Jeff Pole at firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can create one for you. If you need training, please attend the training class at 10:00 AM where we will cover both door to door canvassing and phone banking. You can register for the class by clicking HERE.
I can’t make it to the headquarters but want to help!
Calls From Home: If you have a computer and would like to participate by making calls from home you can register HERE.
Canvass your own precinct: If you are already trained you can register to canvass your precinct by clicking HERE.
VI. Bites -N- Sips
Public – Hosted by Play Coral Springs & C.S. City Gov’t.
Enjoy lawn games, food trucks and more!
Saturday, September 1 at6 PM – 10 PM
VII. Labor Day Picnic
VII. The Russian Investigation is Getting Very Hot for Trump
If Mueller, the special prosecutor for the Russian Investigation is fired, Indivisible Broward Resist is suggesting the following:
“We and many other groups are prepared to meet in peaceful protest in case of a constitutional crisis such as the firing of Mueller. With the news that Trump and the Republican Congress have increased their attacks on the investigation, trials are about to begin, and Trump is inviting Putin to the US, we are planning the following action:
If Mueller is fired prior to 2pm we will meet at the U.S. Federal Courthouse at 5pm. If fired at 2pm, or after, we will meet at the courthouse at noon the next day.”
U.S. Federal Courthouse
299 E. Broward Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale 33301
In the planning Stage: