Instead of a March or Rally, we need you to make phone calls. The vote is coming up in the Senate for the Healthcare bill ACA. Our Senator, Bill Nelson, is fighting hard for us. Call him to say thank you and most important CALL, TEXT, FAX the GOP Senators on this list even if they do not represent you. Their vote affects you.
Please call even if you get a busy signal. That means it’s working – We want to jam up their switchboards with so many calls because it shows that the majority of Americans do not want TRUMPCARE. WE WANT A VOICE.
BROWARD DEMOCRATS HAVE A NEW TOOL AND EASY WAY TO MAKE THOSE CALLS – AMPLIFY, a free app that makes it easy to call with other members.
- Install the app for iPhone or Android at getamplify.org/iphone or getamplify.org/android
- Sign up for a new account
- Enter the Broward Democrats team code 009-565=000
- Or use the list of phone numbers on the bottom from Indivisible Miami.
There is a National Impeachment March in Washington, DC and West Palm Beach July 2. We will keep you informed.
WE REALLY NEED YOU TO MAKE THAT CALL
Effect of Trumpcare on Florida
The AHCA would shift $7 billion in Medicaid costs to Florida over the coming decade. State lawmakers would inevitably have to choose between making massive cuts to education, transportation, or other areas of the budget OR cutting off residents from much-needed healthcare coverage. Who will be hit the hardest if Florida rations healthcare spending? Low-income children, mothers, seniors, and people with disabilities will be hit the hardest.
- 2 million Floridians stand to lose coverage if this bill becomes law.
- 1.4 million Floridians who currently get financial assistance to help pay for their health coverage will lose this help.
- 7.8 million Floridians with pre-existing conditions like asthma, diabetes, and cancer could once again be denied affordable, comprehensive, life-saving coverage.
- Florida lawmakers would have to scramble to come up with $2.8 billion annually in state funds for the high-risk pool.
- The AARP analysis found an estimated 450,000 Floridians between 50 and 64 would face higher premiums under the AHCA—more than any other state.
- More Florida healthcare stats can be found here.
What You Can Do!
It’s CRITICAL that you reach out to Marco Rubio every day until the vote. You can find contact info attached.
- Call, email, fax, and Tweet@ your MoCs again and again.
- Post a #SAVETHEACA message with a call to action everyday on Facebook, Instagram, and SnapChat.
- Visit your MoCs offices in person.
What to Say
The Senators must VOTE NO on any healthcare bill that—
- Decreases the number of insured Americans.
- Increases premiums to purchase healthcare.
- Cuts or caps Medicaid.
- Caps lifetime benefits or excludes people with preexisting conditions.
- Increases costs for the elderly.
- Defunds Planned Parenthood.
STOP TRUMPCARE CONTACTS
To Fax your MoCs by text message, use ResistBot.
To start, just text resist to 504-09.
Sen. Marco Rubio (R):
Miami-Dade office: (305) 418-8553 / D.C. office: (202) 224-3041
Ansley Rhyne, Legislative Assistant
Ted Sacasa, Legislative Aide
Sen. Bill Nelson (D):
Miami-Dade office: 305-536-5999 / D.C office 202-224-5274
Corey Malmgren, Health Counsel
Tweet and Call GOP Senators that will play an important role in this vote:
Senator Marco Rubio FL (202) 224-3041 @marcorubio
Senator Shelley Moore Capito WV (202) 224-6472 @SenCapito
Senator Lisa Murkowski AK (202) 224-6665 @lisamurkowski
Senator Dean Heller NV (202) 224-6665 @SenDeanHeller
Senator Dan Sullivan AK (202) 224-3004 @SenDanSullivan
Senator Jeff Flake AZ (202) 224- 4521 @JeffFlake
Senator Susan Collins ME (202) 224-2523 @SenatorCollins
Senator Bill Cassidy LA (202) 224-5824 @BillCassidy
Senator Bob Corker TN (202) 224-3344 @SenBobCorker
Senator Rob Portman OH (202) 224- 3353 @SenRobPortman
Senator Cory Gardner CO (202) 224-5941 @SenCoryGardner
Senator Lindsey Graham SC (202) 224- 5972 @LindseyGrahamSC
Senator Tom Cotton AR (202) 224-2353 @SenTomCotton
Senator Pat Toomey PA (202) 224- 4254 @SenToomey
Senator Lamar Alexander TN (202) 224-4944 @SenAlexander
Yours in resistance,