Now is the time to keep the pressure on our members of Congress. The hearings on Trump’s nominee for the Supreme Court are ongoing and we must tell Senator Nelson to hang tough in opposition. His office number is 954-693-4851.
Now is the time to register voters and collect rights restoration petitions. Now is the time to protest. Now is the time to get involved.
Here are a few of the things that are ongoing and happening during the next few weeks:
1. On Saturdays, you can help to register voters and collect rights restoration petitions all day at the West Regional Library in Plantation. If you’d like to help at the Library, please contact John Ziegler at 954-232-3918 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. On Sunday, March 26th, at 3 PM, there will be a general meeting of Indivisible South Florida at the Sunshine Cathedral, 1480 SW 9th Avenue, in Fort Lauderdale.
3. On Mondays, you can help to register voters and collect rights restoration petitions at the West Regional Courthouse (Broward & Pine Island) from 10 AM to 2 PM. If you’d like to help out, please contact Ron McCoy at email@example.com or 954-790-3106.
4. On Monday evening, March 27th, at 7:15 PM, there will be an action meeting of a group called Bold Justice at St. David’s Catholic Church, 3900 S. University Drive in Davie. Bold Justice concentrates on juvenile arrests, mental health, and senior care in Broward County. They are expecting Sheriff Scott Israel to attend. To RSVP or for further information, please contact Ron McCoy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-790-3106.
5. I am looking for volunteers to register voters and collect rights restoration petitions at the West Regional Courthouse on Wednesdays from 10 AM to 2 PM. Please let me know if you would like to help organize and set this up.
6. The next meeting of South Florida Women Rise Up will be on Monday, April 3rd at 6:30 PM, at the E. Pat Larkins Community Center, 620 NW 3rd Street in Pompano Beach.
7. On Wednesdays, from 4 to 6 PM, there are resistance rallies at the Federal Courthouse in Fort Lauderdale, 299 E. Broward Blvd. (Broward & NE 3rd Ave.)
8. On Saturday, April 15th, there will be marches and demonstrations in both Broward and Palm Beach Counties at 12 noon. More information about the locations will be forthcoming.