Sunday February 18, 2018 1:00pm-3:00pm
Unitarian Universalist Church of Ft Lauderdale
3970 NW 21st Ave, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309
Join like-minded Broward Interfaith Plarners for a Win/Win meet up… saving the environment while crocketing sleeping matts for the Homeless.
We meet the 3rd Sunday of the month to PLARN (plastic yarn) and crochet recycled grocery bags into sleeping matts for the Homeless. You don’t need to know how to crocket – 5 minutes to learn- and we also need folks to help cut and tie the plastic into Plarn. Bring size Q crocket hook and grocery bags to add to the stash.
Tragedy in Broward and Winning Strategies
Please join us for Brunch to hear Major Nicole Anderson from the Community Service Department of the Broward Sheriff’s Office and a Sargent give detailed information on the Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School shooting. Broward Democratic Chair Cynthia Busch will speak concerning winning strategies for the 2018 elections.
Emerald Hills Country Club 4100 North Hills Drive
RSVP to Muriel Kirschner 954-963-6891 $18.00 for brunch
Networking 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Formal Meeting 7:30 PM-9:00 PM
All Democrats are welcome to join in helping organize more effective Democratic outreach and campaigns on a county level.
5701 Cypress Rd, Plantation, FL 33317
**ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING NOTICE**
The Dolphin Democrats invite you to attend our “Annual General Membership meeting:
Wednesday, February 21, 2018
7:00 PM – 9:00PM
The Pride Center at Equality Park
2040 N. Dixie Highway
Wilton Manors, FL 33305.
Join us for our monthly meeting:
U.S. CONGRESSMAN ALCEE HASTINGS
– We will be voting on 5 positions to Director of the Board, with terms expiring February, 2020
-All member who join the club by Sunday, January 7, 2018, and who are in good standing by the time the meeting starts, are qualified to participate as a candidate or voter in this election.
– Any qualified member who would like to run for election and have their name on the ballot, must send a brief bio and picture no later than February 10th.
– We will be taking floor nominations the day of the meeting
We will also be endorsing a candidate for Ft. Lauderdele’s Commissioner District 2.
Pizza and refreshments will be served.
We look forward to seeing you at the meeting!
The Dolphin Democrats Invite You To
February Membership Mixer
Friday, February 23, 2018
5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Matty’s – Wilton Park
2100 Wilton Dr
WILTON MANORS, FL 33305 (Map)
Join us to meet other members for Happy Hour
All active members get a free drink.
Join us for Brunch & Bottomless Mimosas, at a unique opportunity to meet some of the 2018 candidates as they share what motivated them to run for office.
Confirmed Speakers (Schedules Permitting):
– R. David Walker – for Commissioner of Agriculture
– Emma Collum – for State House Representative – District 93
– Justin Flippen – for Mayor of Wilton Manors
– Stephanie Myers – for State House Representative – District 93
– Chad Maxey – Co-Director – New Leaders Council-Broward
– Jane Bolin – for Commissioner of Oakland Park
Ticket Price: $45/person
Proceeds will benefit GOTV (Get Out The Vote) efforts